This year, to help you more easily prepare for teaching, we have created Unit Overviews to accompany each unit. These overviews will be made available before the start of each unit and will eventually replace the Focus Teaching Points document you have used over the past few years. In its place, the Unit Overview will include:
These overviews will be made available under each Unit of Study under the Teaching Resources tab. You will find the Reading Workshop Launching Unit and Writing Workshop Launching Unit overviews for your grade are already available.
In the meantime, if you are planning well in advance of a unit and want to refer to last year's document as a starting place, feel free to use the resource below. Just be sure to follow the NEW 2015-2016 Curriculum Calendars for Reading Workshop and Writing Workshop, as the order of the units of study differs in some cases.
Grade 2 Focus Teaching Points
- Welcome! Start here. . .
- Key Resources Across the Year
Resources for RW Units of Study
Resources for WW Units of Study
Units of Study
- Revving Up Writing Muscles >
- Lessons from the Masters: Improving Narrative Writing >
- Writing Information Books >
- Writing and Revising Realistic Fiction >
- Opinion Writing: Writing About Reading >
- Lab Reports and Science Writing >
- Writing Poetry >
- Writing Adaptations of Fairy Tales >
- Independent Writing Across the Genres >
- General Assessment Resources by Text Type >
- Units of Study >
- Word Study: Phonics, Vocabulary and Spelling